WELCOME TO RUCKER'S 2016-17 SCHOOL YEAR!
Dear Rucker Families,
It is my honor and privilege to welcome you to Rucker for the 2016-2017 school year. If you are new to Rucker, I know you will be impressed with the caring and skilled teachers and the many opportunities for you to become a valued member of the “Rucker Family”. For those of you returning, thank you for your continued support of Rucker programs and events; I can’t wait to see you!
Who is new this year? Please welcome our new teachers: Mary Lima(4th grade), Joshua Carter (5th grade), Michelle Paulson (3rd grade), Theresa Thibodeau (SDC) and Laurie Castro (Para-Educator)
What is new this year?
- We will be purchasing two more chrome carts to support technology in the classroom. The addition of the two carts will bring our total to nine!
- Rucker’s Kinder and First Grade will be joining El Roble and Antonio Del Buono in the Sobrato Early Academic Language program (SEAL).
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for our parents wishing to improve their English language skills, will be held in room C from 8:15-11:25 on Monday and Wednesday, starting August 29, 2016. Gavilan College will have flyers and sign-up sheets at our Back to School Night on August 25th!
- Project to Inspire will conduct tier one classes for our English speaking parents to empower their involvement in education. Last year we graduated a cohort of our Spanish speaking parents who completed the three module series.
- Our Rucker website is getting better and better! Please visit it regularly to learn about programs and events for your family and to sign up for text alerts.
- On site counseling services for students in need, will be provided through Foothill Community Health and will begin in September.
Please don’t hesitate to stop by my office or call if you would like to share your ideas, concerns or to just say hello. I look forward to meeting our new parents and students and to seeing our returning Rucker families!
As we start the new school year, our commitment to ensuring your child has the education and skills necessary to succeed, is stronger than ever. Please join us by volunteering in classrooms, supporting Rucker Home and School Club, attending ELAC meetings, chaperoning field trips, attending school events and most importantly, participating in any capacity you are able to manage. Your children and Rucker staff will thank you!
Principal- Rucker Elementary
408-706-4412 / firstname.lastname@example.org