Frequently Asked Questions

How do I visit my child's classroom?

All visitors on campus MUST sign in at the Front Office before entering. For the safety of our students and staff, Gilroy Unified School District Policy 320 states that "All persons desiring to meet with students during school hours shall report directly to the school office and obtain a visitor's badge."  If you need to contact or pick up your child, please come directly to the office. Volunteers and all invited guests must register in the office and obtain a visitor's badge. This badge must be visible the entire time visitors are on campus.

What do I do if I have to take child out school early?

If a child must leave before regular dismissal time, the parent or guardian is required to sign out the child in the office.  Your child will only be released to those listed on the Emergency Card.  DO NOT GO TO THE CLASSROOM TO GET YOUR CHILD.  We ask that you wait in the office until your child arrives from the classroom.